TAAC Is Hiring! Click here to see available openings.
Business Development Manager
The Trade Adjustment Assistance Center serving New York, New Jersey, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (TAAC) is a Federal program administered by the Research Foundation for SUNY. TAAC provides consulting assistance to manufacturing firms throughout New York State, New Jersey, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- Highly motivated to market the program to manufacturing firms that are potentially trade impacted and explain the Trade Adjustment Assistance program.
- Assist trade impacted firms in the preparation of certification petitions.
- Work with potential trade impacted firms that have contacted the TAAC.
- Maintain an appropriate system for the follow-up of potentially trade impacted firms that, while not currently eligible for certification, request re-contact later to determine if their status has materially changed.
- Coordinate efforts of third-party consultants to attract new program clients.
- In conjunction with the Director, maintain the established network for identification of the trade impacted firms, including Chamber of Commerce, Department of Commerce, and the local offices of United States Congressional Representatives and Senators. This coordination will require information dissemination and attendance at meetings to develop and solidify relationships.
- Network with other economic development programs, trade associations, and business groups to promote Trade Adjustment Assistance.
- Coordinating the efforts of telephone interviews in the information initiative effort.
- Develop and direct all social media to promote Trade Adjustment Assistance program.
- Coordinating the development of program literature.
- Under the guidance of the Director, carrying out other program information functions as necessary.
- 3-5 years of successful business development/marketing/sales experience.
- Candidate must be familiar with business computer programs.
- Proven ability to work independently, be highly flexible, take initiative & manage multiple tasks & deadlines.
- Able to travel overnight and throughout NYS, NJ and Puerto Rico.
- Must have high-level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive confidential information & situations.
- Must be organized and can handle multiple projects, possess positive attitude, and have excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Business Degree preferred.
- Manufacturing experience helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products & Salesforce software program.
- Knowledge of developing marketing materials and promotions.